Food brings family and community together, so why not grow food and herbs together as well. Gardening for wellness-the benefits to home growing are tremendous as every aspect of one’s nature is nurtured: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
We are seeking folks who would like to be part of the community garden team. As a team we will be doing the following:
- Creating a community space for us to share in teachings, planting, harvesting, and preserving practices
- Creating the physical space-garden beds, benches, planting trees, pathways, maybe even a little greenhouse!!!
- Planting-includes seedlings, planting, digging, watering, nurturing
- Harvesting- harvesting days, when to pick, what to pick, how to save seeds
- Preserving-dehydrating, essential oil making, teas, canning, cooking
- Together protecting and nurturing the space and all the living things within the garden
Join us: Contact Helena Paul, 604.826.7976, email: email@example.com
Our garden will focus on herbs, flowers, fruit trees and some vegetables. This is a learning garden for us to practice and learn best ways to grow, companion planting, harvesting and preserving practices, and various uses of food. Ex; Rosemary can be used for skin creams, cleaning products, clearing energy and for savoury dishes.